The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society (NLFAS) is a charitable organization
Organizers of the Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Festival are pleased to continue working towards making our annual event more inclusive and accessible to all patrons. This is our fourth year with a dedicated Inclusion Crew, and our accessibility options have improved as a result. We are proudly partnering with InclusionNL again this year and sincerely thank them for their efforts! Their advice is greatly appreciated.
We’ve built on our features over the years. We have appreciated the positive feedback we’ve received from you, our festival-goers. In saying that, please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or comments, or suggestions about what would make it possible for you to enjoy this year’s Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Festival in Bannerman Park.
CONTACT: Tel: 709-765-1592 or Email: email@example.com
OUR INCLUSION PLAN:
- Inclusion Crew volunteers – In addition to the general team of Folk Festival volunteers (all whom are offered inclusion sensitivity training in advance of the festival), our Inclusion Crew will be happy to assist in any way they can for you to be able to access and enjoy all aspects of the Festival. The Inclusion Crew will be located at the main entrance.
- Designated accessible blue zone parking spots in the Bannerman Park parking lot with city-issued Blue Zone parking passes.
- Free entrance to attendant (with City-issued attendant’s pass) accompanied by a ticket-holder.
- Listening devices – The Canadian Hard of Hearing Association has loaned the Festival listening devices. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your device for a particular day/session, in order to ensure that we have enough for everyone who needs one.
- Spare wheelchairs –We have tried our best to make the festival site wheelchair-friendly and are pleased to offer spare wheelchairs for short-term loan.
- Designated blue zones in the audience to provide easy access for persons with a mobility disability.
- Large-print and braille schedules for each session (available at the Inclusion Tent)
- Accessible portable washrooms throughout the park.
- Quiet zone – We are pleased to once again offer a safe space for people who may be feeling overwhelmed to sit out of the sun, away from the crowds. We hope that this additional measure will enable more people to come who would have otherwise stayed away. This space is conveniently located in the same space as the Inclusion Tent.
- Access Advisor – We happily announce our participation in the Access Advisor Program this year. A program of Tourism Quality Assurance of NL, this is a non-profit provincial organization that provides programming which aims to raise the bar for the level of quality in tourism products and services in NL. Access Advisor focuses on promotion and education surrounding accessibility levels.
QUESTIONS/COMMENTS? Call us on our dedicated inclusion line: 709-765-1592