Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Festival Volunteer and Sponsorship Coordinator
The NLFAS is hiring a Volunteer and Sponsorship Coordinator for the 2018 Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Festival. The Volunteer and Sponsorship Coordinator will work closely with the Event Coordinator, Festival Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator, and the Society’s staff and Board Members to ensure coordinated efforts on behalf of the Society in the planning, administration, and implementation of the Annual NL Folk Festival. Tasks include Volunteer recruitment, training and management, and maintaining relationships with sponsors to ensure all items within sponsorship agreements are met. The position is for 35 hours a week, for a total of seven weeks, beginning on June 27th, 2018.
This is in coordination with the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Join our team! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22nd, 2018
The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society in partnership with the Landfall Trust is pleased to offer a unique opportunity to artists to apply for a two-week musician-in-residence program in the scenic town of Brigus located in Conception Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, 84 km by car from the capital, St. John’s.
• Dates: Saturday, July 21st to Friday, August 3rd, 2018. [The duration of the residency is negotiable based on artist schedules and availability but would require at least a one week commitment].
• Musician(s)-in-residence living allowance of $1,000 provided by the Folk Arts Society.
•Accommodation at historic Kent Cottage provided by the Landfall Trust.
• Musician(s)-in-residence will be responsible for some form of public engagement in the town of Brigus which could include a presentation, workshop or local performance.
• Transportation is not provided. A vehicle or some other form of transportation is highly recommended.
• Two artists may make a joint application as a working duo if the are prepared to share the living allowance and living/working space. The residency is intended for artistic development; family and friends cannot accompany the artist(s).
• For more on the Landfall Trust and Kent Cottage please visit http://www.landfalltrust.org/
• Current CV.
• Two audio or video recordings of your work.
In addition, please forward:
• Statement of interest (250 to 750 words) including a description of the planned residency project, what the residency would mean for your work, and what your perspective will bring to the residency program.
• Short description of the planned public engagement.
Please forward your application by June 15 th, 2018 for consideration to:
NL Folk Arts Society Inc.
223 Duckworth Street, Suite #206
St. John’s, NL
Fax: (709) 757-8500
If you have any questions, please contact us at the above address or call (709) 576-8508.