The Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Arts Society is looking for someone to join our team! Specifically, to give us a hand with social media and marketing. See details below.
If interested in applying, please send your resume and any relevant promo material to email@example.com by March 15th, 2023.
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
Contract runs April 1 through Dec 31, 2023
● The Newfoundland & Labrador Folk Arts Society Inc. (NLFAS) is a charitable, not-for-profit organization established in 1968.
● We produce the annual NL Folk Festival held in Bannerman Park. The Festival is held for 3 days over a weekend each July.
● The Broadside is a weekly streamed program every Monday at 8:00 (NL time).
● Folk Night @ the Ship is weekly on Wednesday’s at the Ship Pub.
● Young Folk offerings – various youth-based initiatives across the province.
● Holiday Wassail – a two-hour family oriented holiday show.
● Other concerts – at least two featuring special artists throughout the year.
● Responsible for all social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter, and some website work with the “News” section)
● Post content on all platforms, manage comments, engage with followers.
● Create “events” for all initiatives other than The Broadside (our software takes care of that one)
● Assembling data to inform marketing decisions.
● Suggest and implement campaigns, advertising mediums, etc.
● Advise and report on SEO etc.
● Write and edit our weekly newsletter (issued on Mondays).
● Attend the media launch for the Folk Festival on 4/26 and the Festival itself with live updates for our audience (this year July 7th – 9th) including NLFAS messaging such as rain delays and cancellations.
● The work will have ebbs and flows, averaging 5 to 6 posts per week (more over the festival).
● Weekly updates with the ED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR. . . are you the one?
We are seeking an independent contractor who specializes in social media. We want the NLFAS to matter in your portfolio. We want to matter to you! We’d love for you to be able to assume our voice and engage the public so that viewership and event attendance are maximized.
Understanding the platforms and what data we can extract are critical. We have to be able to show results for the advertising money we are spending. We have a budget – can you show us how to maximize our bang for the buck?
We have ideas, but we need the know-how. What ideas do you have?
Do you understand cross-promotion and can you facilitate that?
We have some who who makes videos for us. Just tell us what you need.
We have $900 per month (plus HST) for this position. It will be up for renegotiation on