The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society in partnership with the Landfall Trust is pleased to offer a unique opportunity to artists to apply for a two-week musician-in-residence program in the scenic town of Brigus located in Conception Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, 84 km by car from the capital, St. John’s.
• Dates: Saturday, July 21st to Friday, August 3rd, 2018. [The duration of the residency is negotiable based on artist schedules and availability but would require at least a one week commitment].
• Musician(s)-in-residence living allowance of $1,000 provided by the Folk Arts Society.
•Accommodation at historic Kent Cottage provided by the Landfall Trust.
• Musician(s)-in-residence will be responsible for some form of public engagement in the town of Brigus which could include a presentation, workshop or local performance.
• Transportation is not provided. A vehicle or some other form of transportation is highly recommended.
• Two artists may make a joint application as a working duo if the are prepared to share the living allowance and living/working space. The residency is intended for artistic development; family and friends cannot accompany the artist(s).
• For more on the Landfall Trust and Kent Cottage please visit http://www.landfalltrust.org/
• Current CV.
• Two audio or video recordings of your work.
In addition, please forward:
• Statement of interest (250 to 750 words) including a description of the planned residency project, what the residency would mean for your work, and what your perspective will bring to the residency program.
• Short description of the planned public engagement.
Please forward your application by June 15 th, 2018 for consideration to:
NL Folk Arts Society Inc.
223 Duckworth Street, Suite #206
St. John’s, NL
Fax: (709) 757-8500
If you have any questions, please contact us at the above address or call (709) 576-8508.